Sunny Days

Sunny Days

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Chapter 9

Chapter 9 in The St. Martin's Guide To Writing is talking about Speculating Causes. On pages 408-409 helps me understand how to structure my paper. It shows how the topic sentence correlates with the body sentences.  On pages 419-420 it taught me that I could use an anecdote to start my paper off. This helped a lot because that is one of the most difficult things for me to do when I start writing. Not only does it start the paper off but it also dramatizes it.Also on page 442 it gave me new ideas how to write a thesis. On page 421 it also said that I could use rhetorical questions. This can help readers understand what side you are on in the argument. On page 425 it tells me how I can also structure my paper, such as "When_____happens,_____is the result." On pages 435-444 they helped me structure my paper it showed me how to make an analysis and then how to respond to it.  Page 438 the chart helped me make a cause and effect graph; by doing a graph I will know how to lay out my paper.




This book has helped me tremendously! On page 442 it helped me write my thesis statement. I more than likely wouldn't have a thesis statement if I did not have those examples to use. I've never written a cause/effect essay. I can say that I think I did pretty well for my rough draft(even though I'm still writing it). I put my paper by chorological order, that helped me write for example, because of this.. then this happened.. I hope I did as well as I planned!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that this book has been very helpful in explaining how to write, but also the break downs that have been provided are really great too. You sound very confident about your paper, for some reason I dont feel that way about mine. To me this was a hard paper to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all for interacting, ladies. Lindsay, good job being very specific. I'm glad to hear the text is helping with your essay assignments/ organization. Keep it up. I look forward to your posts about the novel chapters.

    ReplyDelete