Sunny Days

Sunny Days

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Timeless Story of Anne Boleyn

Since I was a little girl I have not been much of a reader. I despite reading and it is very difficult for me to comprehend. Luckily for me I got to read the first 4 chapters of Le Temps Viendra while I was on Spring Break. This helped me take my time and understand what the author was writing.
I have never been so intrigued with a book before. In first chapter I was more than confused, I had no idea who was the narrator in this book, and I actually thought it was the author who went on this tour. It was crazy to me how Anne was feeling. Such as the weird sounds and smells she felt. I had no idea that Anne would have been Anne of 1527.
When Anne found out that her sister had slept with her soon to be husband, she was fine with it. There is no way that I could just brush that off like Anne did! I can see Anne's love for the King, but she knows that he is going to kill her in the end. So why does she keep loving him? She has a life in the 21st century as well, but I believe that she is receiving this love and taking it in because she never got it in her normal day to day life. Anne was a very classy woman and she knew what she wanted in life. Also she dressed very elegantly! I could not imagine living the lifestyle of Anne in 1527! I am already reading the next chapter of the book! Cannot wait for it to get better!

3 comments:

  1. Like you I don't comprehend the books I read very well. I do like to read though, it's just relaxing and you get lsot in another world that isn't electronic like it is today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're enjoying the book, Lindsay. I hope it makes more sense to you as you go along.

    Yes, I like you am wayyyy too jealous and invested in a relationship. I would NEVER be able to date (or want to) someone that had dated a relative of mine.

    Yes, modern day Anne (and possibly the author relates to the narrator) have definite similarities but are living vicariously through a woman they're obsessed with Anne B. It may have very negative results or she could change history! We'll see :)

    Thanks for interacting as always, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you just not get to blog on the other chapters last week?

    ReplyDelete