Sunny Days

Sunny Days

Monday, February 10, 2014

A new writing style

The Little, Brown Handbook and The St.Martin's Guide to Writing helped me write my rough draft. I always had a hard time with plagiarizing not because I wrote word for word, but because I did not know how to paraphrase. In The St.Martin's Guide to Writing the examples on pages 706-707 showed me what was acceptable and not acceptable for paraphrasing. Also in this book on page 711, it showed me how to cite an author with two different works. Without these two books I would have to do more research than planned.











What do I think about tattoos? I think everyone has a purpose to get a tattoo. Some people will get a tattoo to show their respects for someone who has passed or even to emphasize their love for their significant other. I would get a tattoo if I had the chance to, but unfortunately my skin wouldn't allow the ink to stay. I think if you ever get the chance to get a tattoo you should because it expresses you. It shows your personality through a picture that will stay on you forever.  



5 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsay, this was a real nice post. you were very honest about your difficulty with plagiarizing and explained how the st.martins guide helped you with that. Also I really liked your thoughts on tattoos. It's pretty unbiased since you don't and can't have any, but even still, you see them in such a good and optimistic way. that's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, great blog on paraphrasing. I still have confusion on this and would hope reading those chapters in the Little Brown Handbook can work wonders for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your experience about your rough draft and your thoughts on tattoos. I did have some difficulty in the same areas as well and as I told another classmate, I hope we can give each other some constructive criticism to help us better our writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for interacting everyone even when classes were cancelled for the "snow day." Lindsay, you do a great job following directions with every detail I ask you to include/ cover. Hopefully the works and the examples on the power-point on MLA/ Plagiarism we went over in class will be great resources for your writing/ researching all semester.

    Ms. Hanson

    ReplyDelete